This recipe can be used if you are doing seed cycling to balance your hormones. Or just if you need more zinc and selenium! Sesame and sunflower are both very powerful little seeds. Be sure to get organically grown seeds.
- 2c (200g) grated Parmesan (or pecorino)
- 1c sunflower seed flour (soaked and dehydrated sunflower seeds, ground)
- 1/2 c sesame seed flour (grind to flour in a coffee/spice grinder with sunflower seeds)
- 2 teaspoons sumac (optional)
- 4T butter, coconut oil or drippings (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons water
Mix all the ingredients together. Roll into 2cm balls. Place on cookie sheet and press flat with the heel of your hand, as evenly as possible.
Cook 10-15 minutes in a 300 degree F oven. Turn over and cook another 10 minutes until both sides are browned.
Cool and keep in an airtight container in the fridge.