April 25th, 2016 | Food Security, Our Food, Raw Milk, Canada, Dairy, enzymes, health, microbiome, milk, petition, probiotics, raw milk, right to choose, rights
Currently, raw milk is completely illegal in Canada even if obtained through cowshares or herdshares. If this petition reaches 500 valid signatures of Canadians by its deadline on August 11, 2016, the petition will be presented in the House of Commons. Once presented, the government is required to respond within 45 days. Of course, we want to far exceed the minimum requirement.
Petition to the Minister of Health
- Humans have been consuming locally produced raw milk for thousands of years and have enjoyed the health benefits included therein, and raw milk contains enzymes and beneficial bacteria (probiotics) that are destroyed during the pasteurization process;
- Large scale industrially-produced dairy products present greater health risks which must be managed through pasteurization; milk produced on a small scale through local farms is subject to significantly lower risk levels;
- Health Canada’s existing policy and regulatory framework fails to differentiate between these risk levels and prohibiting the sale and distribution of raw milk is not a reasonable approach and the risk profile for raw milk is lower than other foods available to consumers; and
- Canada is the only G8 country that prohibits the sale of raw milk to consumers, any health risks associated with locally produced milk are being managed effectively in other jurisdictions through the use of appropriate evidence based standards and certification programs.The Government of Canada can learn from these successes, and Canadians should have the freedom to choose to purchase pasteurized or raw milk.
We, the undersigned, Citizens of Canada, call upon the Minister of Health to Modernize and amend the Food and Drugs Act and the corresponding Food and Drug Regulations, to permit the legal sale of, and/or access to, raw (i.e. unpasteurized) milk and milk products through small scale certified herd share programs, or other such suitable arrangements, capable of managing any associated health risks in a responsible and reasonable manner.
- Sign the petition petitions.parl.gc.ca
- Using email or social media, spread the word and ask others to sign it. Sample wording below.
Canadian citizens are petitioning their government to create meaningful dialogue about raw milk availability. Please sign this petition and ask others to do the same. You do not need to be a raw milk drinker or even a supporter to sign this petition. You don’t even need to be a citizen or resident of Canada. This is about our rights as citizens to choose the foods of our choice from the producer of our choice.
Supported by the Weston A Price Foundation
February 6th, 2016
Ripened Kefir with Orange and Cinnamon is an incredibly healthful tonic which is particularly good as a digestive aid and for folks with Type 2 Diabetes is ripened kefir with orange peels and cinnamon. The famous Dominic N. Anfiteatro of Dom's Kefir site who has collected all kinds of informatio ...
November 1st, 2013
Buy Premium Dried Kefir Grains Kefir makes a great easy breakfast when on a camping trip. Simply strain and add milk! This summer we took our kefir with us to Chaco Canyon and we were glad we did. As it turns out the beneficial yeasts and bacteria in kefir help to protect us from radiation a ...
March 26th, 2013
The Benefits Of Raw Milk Cosmetics by Marcela De Vivo Raw milk is natural and unmodified by any chemicals --unlike the milk you might buy at your local grocery market. Pasteurized (or “sterilized”) milk is altered with added protein, and lactose. This allows companies to cut a gallon of milk ...
March 8th, 2013
Fermentation of the Future Dairy products are often fermented to improve their taste or preservation.
Fermentation of dairy products has been associated with beneficial health effects.
Can dairy fermentation be further optimized for superior consumer health? Using populations of ba ...
February 28th, 2013
Source: Jon Lieff MD This is a fascinating article about the power and importance of the microbes in our gut in communicating with body systems, with intuition, dreams, emotions and much more. It is very exciting to have all of this cutting edge information about our microbes coming to the forefr ...
February 27th, 2013
Click Here to Buy Kefir Grains Kefir is one of the most amazing and powerful addition to my health that I have so far experienced. I stopped taking it for about 6 months or so when I was travelling a lot, I soon started getting every flu and cold that anyone had. When I started drinking kefir ...
January 14th, 2013
After about 6 months of moving around too much too keep up with my kefir culture my gut and immune system are much more easily compromised and weak...my liver has been feeling unhappy too. Today I finally had my first glass of homemade raw milk kefir and I am glad to be back on track. In the mea ...
November 8th, 2012
Do The Beet Test: How to Tell if You Have Low Stomach Acid & Weak Digestion reposted from www.tarawarner.com by Heather Gardner
www.consciousearthcompany.com I’m sure you’ve been there. The moment when, in fright and fear, sure that you have some ghastly ailment; you reach for the phone ...
October 11th, 2012
Join Kimberly Hartke at Eternal Abundance 8pm on Oct 18th to learn all about how the lost art of fermentation can revolutionize your health. ...