People for Food Rights Join #OccupyCanada
October 12th, 2011 | Food Security, Our Food, #occupycanada, #occupyvancouver, BC, big dairy, choice, corporations, cowshare, food, freedom, government, industry, local, raw milk, real milk, revolution, rights
Please see the Action Plan for October 2011 posted on the new website www.realfoodchoice.org The website is currently under construction but will provide a place to access the latest information and how you can get involved on the situation in BC to protect your freedom to choose what goes in your mouth.
A call has also been put out for cow-share members to join the #OccupyVancouver movement on Saturday ) Oct 15th 2011, Vancouver Art Gallery at 10:00. Cow-share members across Canada are urged to join the #occupy movements in their cities. This movement may be our only hope. As you know Michael Schmidt has been doing his best to work with the Health authorities in Canada for a very long time now. We have no more patience, Michael Schmidt and 8 others are currently on a hunger strike and Michael is no longer even taking a glass of milk a day. Our time frame is very limited if we are to keep our Agister. The politicians and courts are in the pockets of big industry even if they don’t want to be and we can no longer expect them to stand up for our rights.
The message we need to get across is that Big Dairy Corporations and Government are working together to take away our very basic right to put what we choose into our bodies.
I have posted a few images that you can use to pass around at the demonstrations to help get our message out to the masses. I will try to do a couple of fliers before the 15th that you can print out and pass around. Feel free to make your own and share them with us as well. We need to get our message out there as fast as possible. I have also made this simple promotional video that states very basic language the insane pressure that is being put on cow-shares in Canada. Please distribute it to everyone you know so they can see that we are also the 99%.
For anyone who hasn’t yet seen the statement put out by #OccupyWallStreet:
As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.
As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.
- They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
- They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
- They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
- They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
- They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices.
- They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.
- They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
- They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
- They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
- They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
- They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
- They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.
- They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
- They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
- They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them.
- They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
- They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit.
- They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
- They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
- They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
- They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.
- They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
- They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts.*
To the people of the world, We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.
Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.
To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.
Join us and make your voices heard!
It’s now or never folks! Hope to see you there! If anyone has fliers already please send me them. The more the merrier. I’ll get some other ones made up too.