NaCl — Sodium Chloride: a white, crystalline substance with a characteristic taste.
- That which purifies, preserves, or corrects
- That which gives a tang or piquancy to anything
- Sharp, pungent humor or wit
- A veteran sailor; ‘an old salt’
- Taste, relish, smack
- To give artificial value to; specifically a) to alter books, prices etc b) to scatter minerals or ores in a mine to deceive perspective buyers etc.
- To give salt water to drink: a way of initiating formerly existing in English universities
- Covenant of salt: a covenant or compact entered into at a sacrificial ceremony in which salt was used as a necessary element
- Not worth one’s salt; not worth one’s wages, sustenance etc.
- Salt of the earth; any person or persons regarded as the finest noblest, etc
- Salt of Venus; in old chemistry, copper sulfate
- With a grain of salt (Latinized cum grano salis) with allowance or reserve; skeptically.
June 18th, 2007
Coriandrum sativum The Carrot Family (Umbilliferae): Plants of the Airy Element Symbolising: Love, Well-Being and Intelligence In the United States the fresh plant is called cilantro and the tiny dried fruit is called coriander. In many other parts of the world both plant and seed ar ...
June 17th, 2007
Extra Pungent and Powerful... "It is truth, garlic gives man youth." --cry of 5th century Greek garlic street hawkers Allium sativum has been called many things from bountiful bulb to poor man's treacle Liliaceae: Lily Family. The other members of this family-the onion and leek, also cont ...