This is a signature hand tossed Burmese salad. Variations can be found all around Myanmar.
Burmese salads are always thrown together fresh, the last minute possible before being served. Quick fingers toss and blend the salad, adding the personal touch of the creator into the mixture.
- 4-5 tomatoes, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 T turmeric and garlic oil
- 1 small onion, sliced very thin and rinsed in cold water
- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ c cabbage, shredded very finely
- 1 lime’s juice
- ½ c peanuts, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro) roughly chopped
- salt or fish sauce to taste