NaCl — Sodium Chloride: a white, crystalline substance with a characteristic taste.
- That which purifies, preserves, or corrects
- That which gives a tang or piquancy to anything
- Sharp, pungent humor or wit
- A veteran sailor; ‘an old salt’
- Taste, relish, smack
- To give artificial value to; specifically a) to alter books, prices etc b) to scatter minerals or ores in a mine to deceive perspective buyers etc.
- To give salt water to drink: a way of initiating formerly existing in English universities
- Covenant of salt: a covenant or compact entered into at a sacrificial ceremony in which salt was used as a necessary element
- Not worth one’s salt; not worth one’s wages, sustenance etc.
- Salt of the earth; any person or persons regarded as the finest noblest, etc
- Salt of Venus; in old chemistry, copper sulfate
- With a grain of salt (Latinized cum grano salis) with allowance or reserve; skeptically.
May 14th, 2007
After I contracted typhoid in 2006 at a pagoda in Yangon/Rangoon, Burma/Myanmar I was put on a course of serious antibiotics for ten days which completely wiped out any beneficial flora I had established in my intestines. Not only does it take at least three months to recover from typhoid but i ...