I was meaning to post this recipe a while ago. This is a delicious recipe which I made for the GAPS diet we are currently doing. This quiche is excellent in this Parmesan and Pumpkin Seed Crust. My Uncle caught these crabs himself off of Whidbey Island. This recipe is especially fantastic with fresh wild crab caught by someone you know!
Makes one 9″ quiche
- 1/2 crab’s meat (or use 1 tin crab)
- 1/4 roasted pumpkin diced (I had leftover roasted pumpkin, which was lucky because this is a great combination!)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c home-made yogurt
- 1t salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 – 1 c zucchini, grated
- 2 toes of garlic, minced or mashed
- 1/2 – 1 c cheddar cheese, grated
Make a crust (I really liked the Parmesan-Pumpkin seed crust, recipe here), but feel free to make your own favorite crust. If you are using the pumpkin seed crust, let it cook for about 5-10 minutes before adding the filling.