MOB 104 – Making Kombucha
In the latest addition of Mouth of Babes we learn how to make kombucha, the powerfully detoxing home-brew. It is a good idea to start drinking kombucha before you actually get pregnant. If you are planning to get pregnant, drink it for at least six months before conceiving to help clean your tissues and prepare your body for a good healthy pregnancy.
If you are just starting to drink kombucha during pregnancy, I think it is the best idea to only drink very small amounts (1/4 c or less) at a time as you may find that it is such a powerful detoxing agent that you get ‘die off’ or the herxhiemer reaction. If you do, ease off for a few days.
As you can see in this video kids love kombucha too! It is a little bit fizzy and a good substitute for harmful soft-drinks like coke.
Thanks to our Sponsors
- To find a SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast) near you for free– www.kombu.de
- Kombucha Kamp Great website with all the information you ever needed on kombucha as well as a good place to get a SCOBY or equipment to do the continuous brewing process.
- Article – Kombucha: Harbinger and Safety Net
- Recipe for Kombucha for two
- Recipe for Kombucha Marinated Lamb Shanks
- Fantastic information and kombucha giveaways and competitions www.kombuchakamp.com
- Where to get homemade kombucha in San Francisco
- Another kombucha howto site. With good details on using various other ingredients to make kombucha.
Become a fan of Mouth of Babes on Facebook.