These delicious eggy muffins are easy to whip up and throw in the oven while you prepare your GAPS™ milkshake.
Makes about a dozen
- 1 pound ground pork (or other ground meat, sausage is very nice)
- 1 Tablespoon butter, coconut oil or lard
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 12 pastured eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c yogurt or sour cream
- 1 med zucchini, grated
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of basil, chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced (optional)
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 c cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups.
Saute the ground pork or sausage on medium heat, add the turmeric, fennel, salt and pepper. When nearly cooked add the peppers, zucchini, green onions and basil. Saute briefly.
In a large bowl beat the eggs and yogurt. Add the sauteed meat, vegetables and spices. Spoon about 1/4 c of the mixture into the muffin cups, top with cheese and cook from 15 to 20 minutes, until the egg has set.