This is delicious alone, with Toasted Sesame Buckwheat or with rice.
Soak a bag of dried chickpeas until they are nearly sprouting. This may be 3 days in cold weather, or overnight in warm. Rinse the beans often while they are soaking. You can also add whey to the soaking liquid. This helps to get rid of the enzyme inhibitors.
Bring the chickpeas to a boil. Remove any scum from the surface. Drain the chickpeas and bring to boil again. (You can repeat this if you like a few more times.) Put the pot back on the stove, turn it on low, covered and allow to simmer slowly until the chickpeas are very soft.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 c diced pork sausage or bacon
- coconut oil, lard or butter as necessary
Saute the above ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan until they begin to caramelize.
- pinch hot chili powder
- chick peas
- 1/2 pound of green beans, cleaned and cut into inch long lengths
- 1 can of tomato puree or crushed tomatoes
- 1 T ground coriander
- 1 T five spice powder
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T ground ginger
- splash worchestershire sauce
Turn the heat way down and allow this to simmer 5-10 minutes covered to cook green beans and marry the flavors.
Global Penny Stocks…
Thank you for your post!…