Charoset A traditional Passover relish.
Makes about 4-5 cups
This is an ancient, wise and delicious food that every age group loves:
- ½ c dried cranberries or cherries, chopped
- ½ c dried apricots, chopped
- ½ c raisins
- ½ c dates, chopped
- 2/3 c mixed nuts, chopped
- 2 large red apples unpeeled, cored, and grated
- 1 large green apple, unpeeled, cored, and grated
- 1c organic grape juice
- ½ t almond extract
- 1 ½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 pod vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Taste and add raw honey if necessary. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for several hours. Can be served with savory foods or topped with whipped cream and served as dessert.
This is a great aid for regulating the digestive system.
[…] Fresh Apple Relish […]