This is an all around favorite sauce. It is especially great for grilled meat, mushrooms and vegetables, but is also very nice for samosas and fried snacks.
makes 1-2 cups of sauce
- 3-4 pods tamarind, or tamarind pulp, soaked in boiling water and passed through a sieve
- 1/2 lime’s juice
- 1 bunch coriander  leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 fresh chili, chopped (more to taste)
- splash of fish sauce
- 1/2 c palm sugar
- Optional: fresh tomatoes or tomato sauce
Mix ingredients together and allow to marinade a little. A great sauce for just about everything.