In Myanmar this salad is usually made with star-beans* or snake-beans and is another of their famous hand-tossed salads.
- 500g (1lb) star beans or green beans
- 1 small onion, sliced very thin and rinsed under cold water
- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 T garlic and turmeric oil
- 1 lime’s juice
- ½ c peanuts, chopped
- salt or fish sauce to taste
- 1 or 2 hot green chilis, sliced (optional)
Blanch green beans and cut into about 1 inch lengths. Toss the ingredients together with your hands at the last minute before you serve to your guests. In some areas of Myanmar it is said that the Chef’s hands themselves add the secret ingredient to these famous hand tossed salads.
For vegetarians be sure to use salt not fish sauce.
*I like the name star bean instead of winged bean. They look a bit like stars when sliced across.
[…] at https://www.helladelicious.com/?p=23 delivered by […]