Real Milk Revolution
The grassroots Real Milk movement was begun years ago, by Sally Fallon Morell in the US. Here in Canada, Michael Schmidt gave the movement an opportunity when he was acquitted. Last year, his Edmonton Declaration was a powerful call to arms to protect our small farms. It is time for us to do our part by getting the buzz up on social networks, donating to the Legal Fund, and just bringing attention to this movement in as many ways as we can.
Lets Get the Buzz about Real Milk Going!
There is revolution in the air, the time is now. Earlier this year Kombucha Kamp launched a New Year’s ReVolution, promoting buzz about kombucha, which I found very inspiring. She organized a few of us to post and tweet about kombucha. She had it very well planned out and timed, with an amazing selection of prizes as extra incentive. One of her slogans was:
“The Revolution will not be Pasteurized.”
The revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt were given momentum by the use of twitter and facebook. We have a lot to learn from the very civilized way they are demanding their rights, and not being swayed by the lies of the regime.
The stepping up of anti-raw milk propaganda and attack on various food private food clubs in the USA, indicate that everything is in place for a ‘final solution’ to the ‘raw milk issue’. It is clear that raw milk is a lynch-pin to the greater issue — freedom of choice. This fear for ‘safety’ is an excuse for curtailing rights–as has become blatantly obvious since 9/11. I have re-written kombuchakamp’s BUZZ manual for the raw milk, Real Food movement. You can download it here. Please download it and pass it around. Let’s get #rawmilk trending on twitter.
For anyone who hasn’t started using twitter or blogging, jump on board. I have posted a simple DIY article about how to start a blog and use twitter here. Blogging is therapeutic and Twitter is actually a lot of fun, I enjoy it much more than facebook (I don’t like the way facebook sells all your info). I find I am more on top of world news than I used to be–but from my own sources–about the things I want to know about as well as general stuff–it is really amazing, being so connected with so many places. We really need you guys in the twittersphere! Follow me on twitter or facebook for more updates, or feel free to send in a guest post about your experiences with raw milk.
If you have no idea how to get started. Our RealTips PDF manual will get you started, it gives tips on how to use facebook, twitter, what to blog about, how to get involved. It is only a couple pages of some quite helpful stuff, so please check it out. It is mostly taken from KombuchaKamp’s revolution. She did a great job, I must say…Anyway–Join us! It’s easy.
The simplest way to get started right away, is to simply switch your profile photo to a picture of your favorite cow, a glass of milk, you drinking milk–just something about fresh milk to show your support.
If you don’t have photos of cows, please feel free to download the images posted on this article (right click on the image and save) and upload it to use as your profile badge on facebook or twitter or just upload the image to facebook.
Links to Great Real Milk Articles, Blogs and Resources:
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- A Campaign for Real Milk
- The Bovine
- Article by David E. Gumpert about CDCs new raw milk fact website: Why Not Try to Learn from Tragedies Involving Raw Milk? Because That Would Involve True Scientific Inquiry
- David E. Gumpert: Why Raw Milk Producers Should Care About Quality, Safety Standards, Even If “Public Health” Community Doesn’t
- David E. Gumpert: Setting Its Own Standards: The Family Cow Gets a Positive Campylobacter Reading, and Shuts Down Raw Milk Sales
- Interview by Kombucha Mamma with Mark McAfee of Organic Pastures
- Cute photos of newborn Calf here (I’m not sure if these photos are public or not
- Why is the FDA Trying to Crush American Artisanal Food Producers? Estrella Family Creamery: Real People Being Crushed by the FDA by Cheeseslave
- Great place to find links and articles to tweet about (follow either or both links)
David E. Gumpert Author of The Raw Milk Revolution
- Interesting Book: Mad Sheep- The True Story Behind the USDA’s War on a Family Farm by Linda Faillace