What Does Cookery Mean?
June 19th, 2007 | Blog, Quotes, cooking, economy, herbs, history, John Ruskin, knowledge, myth
by hellaD | 1 Comment »
By John Ruskin
- It means the knowledge of Medea, and of Circe, and of Calypso, and of Helen, and of Rebekah, and of the Queen of Sheba.
- It means knowledge of all herbs, and fruits, and balms, and spices, and of all that is healing and sweet in groves, and savory in meat.
- It means carefulness and inventiveness, watchfulness, willingness, and readiness of appliances.
- It means the economy of your great-grandmother and the science of modern chemistry, and French art and Arabian hospitality.
- It means, in fine, that you are to see imperatively that everyone has something nice to eat.
Your blog is interesting!
Keep up the good work!