May Day Garden Party
Please join us May 1st at noon for the third annual Cedar Cottage Garden Spring Fling in Vancouver, BC! I am very excited and a little nervous because I am signed up to be a vendor for this event and will be selling my handmade aprons, to die for hazelnut truffles, homemade salves, soapnut laundry pouches, yarrow stalks, rune pouches and whatever else I can pull together in the next week or so. This is my first time selling my products in such an environment so hopefully it goes well. Fingers crossed for a nice sunny day.
Cedar Cottage Garden is a beautiful community garden located under the skytrain tracks Hull Street and Victoria Drive. The event will take place from 12 to 3pm May 1st and is organized by Cedar Cottage Garden. Keep an eye on updates of vendors by following this link.
Members of the garden will be hosting a bake sale, plant sale and book sale, with all proceeds going directly to improve the garden and make it more accessible for the community. You’ll also have the opportunity to take a tour of West House, the first eco-friendly laneway house in Vancouver.
These are all the great events, activities and vendors that will be at the event. Hope to see you there!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
12:00 pm – Master of Ceremonies will say a few words
12:15-12:45 pm – Kurai Mubaiwa (marimba)
1-1:20 pm – Andrea Bellamy – seedball making workshop
1:20-1:25 pm – Kim Letts – demo hula hoops
1:30-1:45 pm – Molly Caron leads a song
2-2:30 pm – Faune Johnson leads poetry contest (cash prizes offered)
- Maggie with her chickens will be on hand to help educate the public
- West House – Tour of eco-friendly laneway house -12:00-3:00pm
- Zero Waste Vancouver – handmade recycled market bags, along with an info display on composting food scraps
- Sarah Chalmers – handmade natural soaps and bath products
- Andrea Bellamy (Cedar Cottage gardener) – book signing and sales of ‘Sugar Snaps and Strawberries’ plus seedball making workshop
- Marcela De la Peña – felt fabric foods
- Sandie Yew (Cedar Cottage gardener) – pretty sparkly things (jewelry with precious stones)
- Dalia (Cedar Cottage gardener) – jewellery, naturally dyed yarns and knit creations
- Kimlett Hoops – hulahoops
- Annette Fick (Crow’s Point gardener) – seed starts
- HellaDelicious – handmade aprons for adults and children, other hand-crafted items, including delicious truffle date-balls and herbal salves
CEDAR COTTAGE ACTIVITIES:
- Seed starts/plants/Effective Micro-organisms/organic soil amendments
- Used books – gardening, cookbooks, food, etc. – priced to sell
- Cedar Cottage garden membership table/tour, seed swap, co-op radio brochures, Cedar Cottage Seed Saving Collective info
- Green Tomato Chutney – created by local canning duo Faune and Cylia
- Kids area – Molly will entertain the children
Can’t wait! Should be heaps of fun. If you would like to RSVP for this event or become a vendor please follow this link.