This is a great way to start your day. It is quick, nourishing and delectable. Most importantly is has a lot of easily absorbed calcium and potassium.
- 1 banana, the riper the sweeter
- 1 T tahini, or you can use freshly ground toasted sesame seeds
- 2 T almond butter
- 1 t vanilla essence
- 1 T honey (or you can use a sweet apple)
- ½ c herbal iced tea (or water)
- 1 c yogurt or keffir or both
- 1 t cinnamon, ground
Blend ingredients together. It is also nice to add ice at the end to make it into more of a thicker colder smoothie.
Bananas have a lot of potassium and make you feel good. Yogurt or keffir is great for your digestive system. Tahini has tons of easily absorbed calcium as well as antioxidant power. Cinnamon helps your circulatory system and to regulate blood sugar levels. The iced tea can be made with different herbs according to your personal needs in bulk and stored in the fridge.